Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MP Co. News: September Newsletter

I just received the September newsletter for MP Co. and wanted to share the portion that is about Matthew's team:

GySgt Abernathy & SSgt Mock and their PMT went north to assist 2d Bn, 3rdMarines in their efforts to clear the enemy out of an area that he has heldfor yrs. As GySgt MacNeil & I accompanied them on this mission I can sayfirsthand that all the Marines (& their Corpsman, HM2 Derbak) did anoutstanding job under some tough circumstances. LCpl Draughon consistentlydisplayed maturity & leadership beyond his present rank. Cpl Oliver worksexceptionally hard all the time, esp on the PMTs comm. assets, which arevital. Cpl Davis is a fine young NCO whose maturity & bearing aretremendous. Their current position is remote and austere, pls keep this inmind when sending mail to these Marines. Mail will continue to be slow &dependent upon ground convoys, which are limited as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you're so proud!! That's great Jenn.