Friday, October 2, 2009

He stole my fish!

So yesterday Christy and I were sitting on the sofa watching So You Think You Can Dance and out of no where Kaysie is going crazy barking at the back door! I told Christy that she was probably barking at a deer or bunny like she always does. Well Christy got up to see what it was and tells me to hurry up and come see... It was an egret in our pond! For a few moments we were doing the, "Oh how cool!" Then I see it swoop its head into the water, and that is when I start yelling, "OH SHIT, I HAVE FISH IN THERE!" So I go running out the back door, barefoot, hands flailing in the air, screaming at this bird to, "GET THE F- OUT OF MY POND!" but I was too late... I scared him off alright, but he already had one of our koi in his mouth! I was devestated watching this bird fly away with a flopping orange and white thing in its beak. You know me and animals; I was so upset. Then I got mad. Christy is still mocking me, "That bird stole my f-ing fish!" HAHAHA! It's funny now, but it certainly was NOT funny at the time. Poor fishy.

2 comments:

Meg said...

awww I can only imagine :( poor fishy!

Anonymous said...

hahah..i'm sorry, it's really funny now, but not at the time. it was actually very devastating at the time.