Thursday, February 18, 2010

For Sheena

One of my friends from the board recently bought a new house and was asking how we decided the look of our home...  We actually used HGTV's Rate my Space site to find our inspiration rooms.  It made me realize I haven't shown anyone what these were for our home...  So here's a little comparison:

The kitchen, we wanted to be open, fun and fresh feeling since it's an open concept between the dining room and living room.

Our inspiration:


Our home:




For our bedroom, we both wanted to keep it relaxing but kind of contemporary.

Our inspiration:


Our home:

Here's a better view, but the above is our most recent bedding:


For our bathroom, I really wanted travertine, and Matthew wanted slate...  We made a compromise.  There's travertine in the master and soon the guest bath will have slate.

For our bathroom, I wanted travertine and Matthew wanted slate.  We came up with the compromise of travertine in the master and slate in the guest.

Our inspiration:



Our home:






This summer, we plan to complete our guest bath, guest bed and office.  I'm sure I'll be updating once they're complete.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

LOVE IT - You did such an awesome job! I love the"Soak" above the tub ... what a great idea!