Every year, the USMC celebrates its birthday by having each unit host a ball. In the past we've only been able to attend one. (2005, boot camp; 2006, training; 2007, attended; 2008, post-deployment leave; 2009, deployed but I went to the spouse's ball which is NOT the same) This year, we will be able to attend our second ball, and I am so excited.
To me, the Marine Corps ball is like every girl's dream. You get your hair and make-up done, walk on the arm of a handsome Marine in uniform and best of all, you get to wear a ballgown! Here's where the problem comes in, picking the perfect dress. I, like many others, shop for dresses online because they're much more affordable that way. The only problem is you can't try the dresses on. So this year, I have begun my search early. I have found 20 dresses that Matt & I both like, with a few that I like more than the others. But how am I supposed to chose?! They're all so pretty! I want one of each!
So here's the question. How do you chose? Style? Color? Fabric? Price? How do you pick that one perfect ballgown each year?
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Maybe you can see if any of the dresses are in any stores near you. That way you can either cut out or move some up on your fav list. I'm not one for paying a ton for a dress so when it comes to the ball, set a budget and stick to it. I would say as for style, go with something that you don't think anyone else will have. It's the worst to have the same dress as someone else!
Let someone else choose it like the stars do. haha your a nut!
Daddy Michael likes # 2 the red with the arm sleave. in green??? Winter Green dark???
Post a Comment